- Written by Maxim Pishnyak aka Taffa
- Hits: 5198
Avoiding detection is the second name of the Multiplayer Online Game.
This is one of the few Online Multiplayer Games that lets to succeed in ways other than beating the opponent until he's dead, and that's the selling point and core of the game.
- It is about how much loot you can sneakily get away with.
- The thieves are the guys that try to assault, and therefore should be the guys that try to be careful.
This stealth-based team Multiplayer Online Game is set in a pseudo-medieval world.
A Online Multiplayer Game in which the primary weapons are medieval themed, yet the technology includes
- autonomous alarm systems with 100% accurate friend-foe descrimination,
- gunpowder explosives (mines) and
- electricity (judging by the prevelance of electric lights).
Getting into a position to use your equipment effectively is the most important skill for thieves.
As a thief you have to be a lot more skilled to stand a chance.
There will, naturally be ways for the guards to detect or catch unwary thieves too. Thieves have to keep on their toes, as well as guards.
But the Online Multiplayer Game is much less forgiving to thieves.
- If you screw up as a guard, unless it's a really big mistake, no harm done. The thieves will come back.
- If you screw up as a thief you've probably lost your loadout, whatever you were carrying, half your money, and a banked life.
Both sides have distinct advantages and disadvantages.
Thieves can hide, walk silently and use the level architecture to navigate.
The thief doesn't make much noise when moving, and can use Catfall potions to reduce it even further, while the guard can be detected 3 rooms away!
Guard armour has not only varying effects on absorbing blows, the side effect of making a grinding, rustling noise when the guard runs or even walks around, obscuring his aural awareness.
The weapons are defined into melee and ranged types.
Both sides have bows to snipe with and what guards don't have in stealth, they make up for in killing/detection tools.
The guards getting the more powerful weapons like maces, swords and crossbows.
Thieves have superior long range weapon, guards have superior melee.
Part of the game balance is that mace and blackjack take up quite a lot of screen:
- The charged up swings on the mace and sword are much harder to hit with compared to the charged up blackjack.
- The charged mace/sword swings come straight down, so you have to have to target in the correct place on your screen.
- With the blackjack (or normal mace/sword swings), if the target is pretty much anywhere on your screen, you will hit.
If you enjoyed the article, I would be grateful for its support in social networks.
Here is some that could help current Project:
I know you’ll do the same for someone else.
Maxim Pishnyak aka WTaFa